
I'm not quite sure what it is about the smell of pumpkin innards that raises my spirits, but last night Kim and I carved a couple pumpkins (courtesy of the Despain garden) and we were both significantly cheered by the exercise! I love carving pumpkins. It appeals to my inner arteest. Admittedly this year I didn't put as much time and effort into my gutted gourd creation as I have in years past, but I think my little Frankenstein turned out well all things considered. I found it amusing to hear on the radio this morning that the state of Iowa has now placed a tax on purchasing pumpkins because they have decided that pumpkins are no longer a food, but rather a decoration. So ridiculous! I think that means I need to go make some pumpkin cookies. Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe and take lots of pictures of your cute costumed children to post on your blogs!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Happy Halloween!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
very cheerful creatures. well done.
Holy smack! Those are amazing! I keep forgetting Kim lives with you so it throws me off for a sec when I see her in pix. I like your shirt, hehe, I don't think I have that one anymore, hope you had a happy halloween!!!
Love the mission bay shirt! Mission Bay will live on as long as we are true to its memory! (Botched Harry Potter quote)
Post a Comment