Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Time to Celebrate Diwali!

At my job, I am a minority, probably for the first time in my working life. I LOVE diversity and enjoy being surrounded by different cultures and back grounds. Currently working on my project, there are 3 Americans (myself included), 3 Chinese, 4 Germans, 5 Indians, a Bulgarian and one guy from Bekistan. I work very closely with 4 of the Indian guys (Chola, Sandeep, Raj, & Prashant) and have really enjoyed getting to know them. I was especially delighted when Sandeep asked me yesterday afternoon if I'd like to perform at their festival of lights. I responded, "Oh you mean Diwali?" Naturally, he was shocked that I knew what that was, but when he inquired as to how, I stealthly changed the subject. How embarrassing would it be to tell him that everything I know about desi-American culture I learned from watching The Office? I'm so excited though! I've got to find a good cheer leader uniform that covers my G's. I'll try the Salt Lake Distribution Center.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the Office! I get a lot of useful information out of watching it as well :) I am so excited that you got to audition for the Mormon Tab! I would LOVE to do that someday!!! Good luck! And lastly, congrats on the house! It is so fun to own a house, and it is so cute! :)

laurice. said...

That is hilarious! I am so glad that you found me! I love these blog things...it's nice to be able to stay in touch while living so far away! Great picture of you and your man in the ocean!

Liene Stevens said...

This has me laughing out loud! You are hilarious. :)