The Mo Tab music exam which I took on Tuesday night was one of the most thorough and difficult tests I've ever taken. After 4 weeks of intense study, I took the exam along with 107 others, and I couldn't be happier that its behind me. A lawyer who is a member of the choir compared this test to the bar exam. I now understand what he means. After nearly 3 hours of intense non-stop testing on every element of music imaginable, I think the majority of the group (including myself & many who were on their 2nd or 3rd try) left the tabernacle feeling rather deflated about their performance. I have no idea how I did, but I don't suspect that I did very well, especially since the lady sitting next to me insisted on humming through the whole thing even though it was strictly forbidden. It was more than just a little distracting. I'll know for sure in 2 weeks when I get my results, but I'm not expecting fabulous news. I suppose I wasn't off to a very good start when 3 people told me I was too young to be there before I even made it to my seat. If nothing else, I have gained a healthy new respect for the people who actually make it into the choir, especially on their first try! Thanks to all who wished me luck and were so encouraging!
Friday, October 12, 2007
The Musical Bar Exam
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment