

Greater Love -- ECU's CD (that I blogged about like a month ago) is FINALLY available for purchase even though it's been in the catalog for over a month, and was recently reviewed. Gothic Records CEO has recently touted Greater Love as "the best-sounding choral CD in the catalog".
Review continued:
"Gothic Catalog enthusiasts may recognize Greenville, NC, for its remarkable Fisk organ. Located in St Paul's Episcopal Church, this instrument enjoys a generous acoustic designed by Dana Kirkegaard. Last year, we published a spectacular recording with the organist and director of music of St Paul's, Janette Fishell ( Pas de Dieu: Music Sublime & Spirited). This year we went back to record the extraordinary ECU choir in St. Paul's, with Janette at the console. The result is one of the finest-sounding choral recordings we have ever made. The sound of this choir will take your breath away!" Sample their sound here.
"A solo organ work by Howells begins this disc, and sets the stage for the rest of the program. Howell's moving Requiem for a capella choir follows. I have heard many a choral singer say that this is the finest 20th-century work for choir, and it is hard to disagree, especially after hearing this performance."
Choral music is hardly popular, and is certainly not a common listening choice among most, but I am very proud to have been part of this recording.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Review
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! I listened and I like.
hi kelly! this is jill (riggs). i just found your link on amys blog. and it's HILARIOUS! i just read through all of those crazy stories (death by toast, etc). thanks for the laugh.
xx
jill
So I will have to listen to that cd....thanks for commenting on my blog. It is always so fun to hear from an old friend...you guys look like you are doing great!
Post a Comment