Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tikki Tikki Tembo...

Alright all, cast your minds back to the days of sitting on the floor in the aisles of children's section at the public library. Any of you who have actually read this book will recognize it instantly. This is the story of a 2 Chinese boys and their mother. One boy was given a long elaborate name, and the other's name was Chang. While playing one day, the boy with the long name fell in a well and Chang had to run fetch the old man with the ladder, but could not explain what happened because he was out of breath and his brother's name was too long. SO, lets see how well you remember! This whole thing started because my co-workers and I got in a debate about this. For 50 points, who can remember the full name of young Tikki Tikki Tembo? NO CHEATING! Post your answers and lets see who comes closest! I'll post what my answer was in the comments section as well.

12 comments:

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo charly barly rucci pip perry pembo.

Cicily said...

Tikki tikki tembo no sen rembo cherry berry ruchy puchy bumbo?

Anonymous said...

Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo perry berry roochi, pip perry pembo?

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that this is quite possibly the funniest comment section I have ever seen on a blog!

Megan said...

Good gosh, I don't remember. ...But I loved that book! Thanks for the blast from the past! I'll have to take the girls to the library now. :)

Jason and Kate said...

Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo charry barry richi pip perry pembo. As soon as I saw the book cover I said that. How fun!

CJB said...

never heard of it

Unknown said...

Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo chara bara ruchi pip perry pembo Dane Flaherty

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

LOVED all the responses! I'm so impressed at how much you all remembered! And now for the correct answer: Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip perry pembo. Well done all! I think Kate may have been the closest, but Cicily's was definitely the most amusing! :)

The Stanford Bunch said...

tikki tikki tembo, no sorembo, calli walli woochi, pip berry tembo. I TOTALLY remember this! And I don't know what the real name is , but this is how I remember it!!! Amazing, I didn't know other people remembered this!!! ... and now I just read all the others and realized I'm a little late on posting.

Anonymous said...

For the record, I think MINE is closest!!! (some of the phonetic spelling is different) but it SOUNDS the closest! I demand a recount!!!!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I'm afraid perry berry is too different from chari bari. Kate had a few spelling errors, but the only thing she really did differently was ricci. And for the record, if I hadn't thrown those 2 l's in charly and barly, I'd have been spot on! Your objection is noted, but the verdict has already been passed.