Layne and I enjoyed the company of our friend Jarrod Shobe and his girlfriend Glad, both visiting from Yale Law School this weekend. They were lured out by the snow and fabulous skiing that we're enjoying right now! Layne hit the slopes with them Saturday, but I HAD to stay home and do stuff for my calling and begin prep on the talk I was just asked to give next week. Layne made it a lot easier for me to sacrifice a day on the slopes for church stuff by agreeing that I could use what I would've spent on a lift ticket to get some new shoes. :) After they got back we went out to eat and saw the U23D show at the IMAX. It was REALLY cool! It's almost like being there! Layne and I saw them in Atlanta while on the Vertigo tour (which is what the show is from) and it really threw us back. If you like U2 at all, it's a must see! Yesterday after a big fast Sunday meal we watched what was left of the Superbowl. I admit that I ALWAYS like to see the underdog win.
I know I am always saying things that begin with the phrase "when I'm rich...", so I should probably just start a segment on my blog under that name since I'm always thinking of things I want to do or buy when money is no issue. I say "when" because Layne assures me that it is only a matter of time until he's a guest on Donny Deutsch. One of the things I want to have lots of when I'm rich is art. I love art in all it's forms, paintings, sculptures, photography etc. My mom volunteered to do art masterpiece at my elementary school for years. Maybe I got it from her. Regardless, I love all things creative and beautiful, even if it is simple. With that in mind I share the following entries for a contest at the Hirshorn Modern Art Gallery in D.C. The only rule was that the artist could only use one piece of paper. I didn't include them all but how awesome are these? I would totally buy one...if money weren't an issue...














Monday, February 4, 2008
U23D & "When I am rich..."
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yeah, Jaxon makes art like this all the time. You can have one for free if you want! (HAHAHAHAHA)
holy smack! are you serious? those are incredible!
That art work was amazing!
I always LOVE hearing about your weekends. They are just so different than my own. Glamorous! Yes I think going to the IMAX is glamorous. after all you didn't mention changing even one poopy diaper.
That art work was amazing!
I always LOVE hearing about your weekends. They are just so different than my own. Glamorous! Yes I think going to the IMAX is glamorous. after all you didn't mention changing even one poopy diaper.
Very cool! On all accounts... way to sacrifice a ski day for your calling. boy does the Lord owe you some blessings. i'll bet the shoes will be on sale.
That is amazing! I love art too! All forms! I just wished I had more talent so that I could create my own! I take a ton of pictures does that count?
I really liked the tree with the fallen leaves. That's rad and it's one of the few I would try to copy myself. Who needs to be rich? Those were seriously impressive.
...Maybe nobody needs to be rich, but I really think I'd enjoy it.
oh my gosh that art work is AMAZING!! Maybe you could do your own...it would only cost you 1 piece of paper (plus what can ony be imagined to be a lot of time and talent!)
Post a Comment