Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a Man, What a Mighty Good Man!

Happy Valentines Day! I was awakened this morning with a kiss and to the smell of delicious food! Layne had gotten up at the crack of dawn to make me a big breakfast of his famous French toast, sausage, fruit, chocolate milk and grapefruit juice. I also was greeted downstairs by these beautiful tulips and treats and a very sweet card. All this and he barely got to eat himself before rushing out the door for work. He says there is more to come tonight! I can't wait! I hate being shmoltzy and sappy, but I just don't know how I got so lucky! Layne is the most thoughtful wonderful man and is WAY too good to me! I feel compelled to sing a few of the eloquent lyrics of Salt 'n Peppa.

What a man what a man what a man
What a mighty good man
I wanna take a minute or two and give much respect due
To the man that's made a difference in my world
I know that ain't nobody perfect, I give props to those who deserve it
And believe me y'all, he's worth it
So here's to the future cuz we got through the past
I finally found somebody that can make me laugh
(Ha ha ha) You so crazy
I think I wanna have yo' baby

So well put. I also thought in honor of the day that I'd post this slideshow from our wedding to pay tribute my wonderful hubby... and because his baby pictures are just so darn cute!! I don't know what happened to the music that is supposed to go with it. Anyway, Happy Valentines Day! I love you babe!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Dang! that is a good man and now all I want is french toast for dinner. I think you found the perfect words in salt n pepper but no one does romance like them. am I right?

KRISTIN BELL said...

Wow... that equals LOTS of points for team Lane!! I am impressed. My sweetheart doesn't cook.. so I am REALLY impressed! Love you guys. I am sad that Salt n Peppa are not around to inspire us anymore.

Bert and Benton said...

What a sweet heart. You can definitely tell Layne truly adores you!! Props on the salt n peppa tribute!

laurice. said...

What a good guy! I am totally sappy also!

The Stanford Bunch said...

What a fun Vday! And what a great guy! That's funny about the way expensive restaurant! I'd have a way hard time spending that much on food!!!