Never have I lived anywhere where I have enjoyed so many guests! Everyone we know seems to end up in Salt Lake City for one reason or another throughout the year whether it be for skiing, business, general conference, or just passing through. We've had over 10 guests at Hotel Nelson since we moved in 4 months ago. This is not meant as a complaint by any stretch, in fact, we love being able to see all our friends and family without ever having to leave home! This past weekend we enjoyed having dad Flaherty visit on business. It was so fun just having him around, though we wish mom could've been here too. It was a very busy weekend as Layne and I both had to speak in church and we had the worldwide broadcast to attend Saturday and additional meetings on Sunday, but dad was busy too so it worked out. He attended a convention of sorts Friday and Saturday introducing him to a program that will really add something to his real estate business. He shared some of it with us and it's a pretty exciting concept that Layne and I are definitely going to look into. Interested in paying off your 30 yr. mortgage in 10 years without writing any additional checks to principal? I thought so. Watch this 10 minute video clip and see if you're not intrigued!
Layne's trainer at the gym suggested that he get this thing called the Body Bugg. My Beehive advisor is a personal trainer and I saw her wearing one yesterday. She swears by it. They're pretty expensive, but the concept is really quite cool. You wear it on your upper arm and it tells you with 99% accuracy how many calories your body burns each day. You plug it in to your computer and it calculates how many calories you should consume to lose weight, taking the guess work out of dieting. That sounds like it would be good information to know. Does anyone have any experience with these things?
Monday, February 11, 2008
Hotel Nelson & The Body Bugg
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Ashley had one on the other day and was showing me how it works on the computer. It does look REALY cool but too expensive for my blood. Tht MCA thing looks really intersting, you will have to tell me more! Is it Amway??? :)
Oh, Also... what are the weekend rates for Hotel Nelson? I would like to book a room. Do you include a continental breakfast?
Continental breakfast included, HD TV, quick access to ski resorts and downtown, shuttle service to and from airport, your choice of Queen or twin bed, $500 per night on weekends during peak season. Entire fee may be waved for a batch of home made salsa. ;)
That is awesome! Now that is all I am going to want! Are you over the Beehives? I am the second counselor in YW presidency so I am over Beehives and love it!
It's amazing what technology can do! Wow! But, I don't know if I would want to pay that much money to have my computer tell me that I needed to lose more weight.
And your Hotel Nelson rates sound pretty reasonable...maybe I'll pop in next time I'm in town with a jar of salsa :)
If only it would lose the weight for you?!?!
You really are in the center of the Mormon world, I can imagine your home is a popular tourist attraction. I've heard good things about the body bug, I don't think I would want to know how little my body moves though.
LOVE THE BODY BUGG!!! I am trying to buy one on Craigs list right now. Get it on the black/gray market and save about $100 bucks. I wore one for a week and lost 2.5 pounds...you just can't deny it works. Remember what I was wearing on my arm at card club? Thats the bugg!
Umm,...scratch that last comment about card club...for some reason I thought I was reading Christi's blog. But don't scratch anything I said about the Bugg...I am getting one!!!
HOT OR MILD?
Hmm, all I want for Christmas is a BUGG?? That thing sounds so cool. Not sure if I'll like the information it gives me but at least I'll know that it is accurate. Anyone interested in going half-sies with me on one? :)
P.S. I hear you on the Hotel Nelson. Hotel Hatch has been up and running for several years now. Mom and Dad Hatch just turned in their key after an 8 day stop. Wouldn't it be great if we could figure out how to make that a tax write off?
I totally make salsa and have been told that it is.... edible-ish. that means I am in, right? Hotel Nelson sounds WAY better than real life so sign me up for like a month.... you don't mind 2 children?
I would LOVE a body bugg!! I see ritzy schmitzy people with them at the gym sometimes and they swear by them... I unfortunately don't have the luxury of trying one... I just have to depend on the good old scale and keeping a food diary.
Post a Comment