Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday & A Question Answered

Happy Super Tuesday everyone! I hope you're all exercising the right to vote! I thought I'd post a little equal opportunity candidate razzing to remind us all that there are more important things than who wins the election. Is it important? Absolutely, no question. But is it really worth all the arguing and fighting and name calling? I personally am quickly tiring of listening to people go at each other's throats over the election. So relax, cast your vote, and may the best man or woman for the job win!

KFC in New York State. OUCH!

Caught napping during the State of the Union Address. He might not be the next President, but he could run for Bishop of a ward somewhere...
Good ole Mitt Romney modeling underwear in a 1971 Sears Catalog.

Jewish? Trade in your Yamekah for the new Obamakah.

Every now and again, I am asked a question to which I should know the answer, but don't. You've all heard these questions; "What blood type are you?", "When is your parent's anniversary?", "What is your IQ?", "How much money will you get from your husband's life insurance policy if he dies?" -- OK I'm kidding about the last one. ANYWAY, I decided to finally find out the answer to one of those questions today. At lunch, a bunch of us took an IQ test here at the U. If I've taken one before, I don't remember doing it, or what my score was. Anyway, this time I scored a 127. The distribution curve puts me in the "Gifted" (not Genius -- no shock there) range with the National average being around 110. My IQ "type" is Insightful Linguist. What on earth is that you ask? Here are some of the things they said,

"You are gifted with the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. You can take complex concepts and articulate them to just about anyone. You have a gift with words and insight into processes and the way people think. These talents enable you to explain things clearly to people. You have an uncanny ability to work your way out of sticky situations using your talent with words. Crossword puzzles, debates — you're particularly well equipped to come out on top since you can read people well."

I was starting to feel pretty good about myself until it listed Helen Keller as an example of an Insightful Linguist. It also compared me to Charles Dickens so I guess it's not so bad. Anyway, I now have one more answer to those pesky questions. For good or bad, I'm a 127! What are you? ;)


6 comments:

CJB said...

Wow, my gifted friend! That pretty much describes you. Can you take the IQ test on-line? My blood type is A+. I always remembered that from Biology class because it is the grade I should have liked to have earned. :)

laurice. said...

That is awesome Kelly and fit's you perfectly!

Nedra Tietjen said...

I really want to know how much you could make if you knocked Layne off! It might be worth checking in to.

Samantha said...

I love all the pictures. I can't wait to show Jonathan when he gets home. He will die (especially about the one with the Hillary special. Ha, Ha.) I have never taken an IQ test. Your results do not surprise me though.

Megan said...

I had no idea that mitt was an underwear model. I feel even better about voting for him now than ever! YUM!
I don't want to brag but I am a 36" 24" 36". Okay I am lying a little. wait, that isn't my IQ?
I always thought you were special, I mean gifted!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Oh Kell, that describes you perfectly! I think I took the test once but honestly don't remember what it was! Where can you take it, that could be fun... I just barely found out that I am A+ blood the most common and easiest to remember! It's weird that it took me to the 3rd pregnancy to actually ask my blood type, I was curious! Congrats on your results, that would make me happy! =)