
Today, unbeknownst to me, the school of engineering was to host a camera crew in the lab where I work for the shooting of a TV commercial for the Utah Banker's Association's 100th anniversary. Because they donate so much money to education, specifically the U's engineering dept., they wanted to get some action shots of someone working in the lab for their commercial. Little did I know that I had already been chosen by the staff to be the star of said commercial (I think they wanted a girl). So at 1pm after the crew had already set up the staging area and the cameras and crew were in place, I was summoned from my lunch and told I was needed in the lab. They had already mapped out which processes they wanted me to demonstrate, so after getting dressed, I was shown to my place and had a camera stuck in my face (literally). At that point it was fruitless to protest. Within 1 minute they had begun shooting me using the aligner (a big expensive machine) in the yellow room (you can't see it in the picture above but it's directly to the right of me). After it was all over and I had already signed the media release forms, I looked in the monitor and realized how ridiculous I looked in my hairnet and safety glasses with my eyeballs glued to a microscope. Certainly not my finest look for my Utah TV debut! Today was the their last day of shooting, so not long from now it will be all over the local channels. Fortunately I don't know that many people here. Strangely enough, a year ago this week was my debut on WITN News in North Carolina when I got pulled over by a state trooper and interviewed by a news crew as part of a sting operation to enforce a new driving law in the state. Several Novembers before that was my debut in AZ singing madrigal Christmas songs in a quartet in full renaissance apparel. Needless to say, my television history is less than stellar. I wonder what next November will bring!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Kelly's Utah Television Debut
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well look at you! You're such a little ham. j/k I think I was on TV once in 97 for .2 secs greeting the ASU football team after they lost the rose bowl... sad day.
Sweet! You're going to have to record it or download it so that you can post it on your blog. I would love to see Kelly in her finest moment. ha ha ha. Too funny.
That would be about the only time I would say "I wish I lived in Utah" so I could see it! haha
Post a Comment