December 1st here in Murray brought a great surprise for a few Arizona raised folks. We awoke Saturday morning to find a veritable winter wonderland in the making out our windows. Needless to say we were like a bunch of kids on Christmas morning (especially Layne, at the prospect of next weekend's snowboarding). He actually woke me up to look out the window. After breakfast, we got ourselves all "Randy'd up" (hopefully you've all seen The Christmas Story) and went outside to play in our fresh foot of powder! We had snowball fights, built a snow man, made snow angels, and everything else kids would do. It was honestly the most fun I've had in a long time! We were outside playing for hours while neighbors moaning and shoveling their driveways rolled their eyes. After our romp we came inside and blasted the Christmas music while decking our halls. It couldn't have been a better way to kick off the Christmas season!
My favorite picture, Layne's snow angel. It was great that he got some use out of the Ozark Trails moon boots we bought him years ago for his Napoleon Dynamite Halloween costume!
Layne was shaking the trees so that they dumped their entire contents of snow on us as we walked down the sidewalk. Kim and I learned quickly not to trust him behind us.The street was nice and slick so we had fun sliding around. I love Kim's attempt at a belly slide. I think all she succeeded in doing was filling her shirt and pants with snow. But it's fun to watch!





9 comments:
HHHOOOOOWWWW FFFFUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so jealous. can I come visit? Rome would LOVE the snow! Did I mention today I am wearing shorts, sandals and a short sleeved shirt?
Way to celebrate the snow. Super fun! Now leave it behind and come down to AZ.
Kelly, send me your address to my email at reberfamily@gmail.com and I will send you a Christmas card. And I prefer the snow from afar. Your pictures are great!
You guys live in a photographers dream!!!! It was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO good to see you guys! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks in AZ!!! (It will be slightly less white, and slightly more brown!)
Snow, lucky! I would kill for just one snow storm in Arizona. Question, what is the gauntlet, is it just space between houses or does something usually go on down that path. It looks kind of creepy.
How fun!! It is funny that now I live in Utah and I can still feel homesick when I see these snowy pictures. So fun!! I love these picturese. You guys look great!!
Come visit soon.
Rachel
Only AZ-raised peeps would appreciate that much snow as you guys did!! HOW FUN!!!!
Hey Kelly!
I'm so glad you found me and now I found you! It was fun to go through your friends list and find other friends and acquaintances from long ago, too. I had heard it hadn't really snowed in Utah last week, but it looks like the weekend brought it to you! How fun. So what is your job exactly? And what does Layne do now? It's been way too long since we've gotten to chat. If you're still in Utah when we get back, we will have to meet up.
Say hi to Utah for us!
Amy
Post a Comment