Friday, December 14, 2007

"You've reached 911 emergency, please hold..."

I feel very blessed today after having witnessed and nearly been a part of a horrific car accident this morning on my way to work. I was on the I-215 and about 300 E. when a guy in a little red car sped up behind me going at least 85 mph and started riding my bumper. When I wouldn't speed up, he punched the gas and swerved around me, but lost control of his car at that speed on the icy road and went into a sliding spin. He spun very close to my car before sliding off the road and smashing into the snowy bank where his car flipped at least 5 times before coming to a stop. I pulled over and called 911 and was put on hold for an eternity. Fortunately there were cops nearby and it didn't take them long to arrive. Witnessing car accidents like that leaves me with a really sick feeling. I hate having to call 911, and I hate that I've had to do it more than once in the past 2 years due to reckless driving in bad weather. So PLEASE be careful driving in winter conditions this season and be grateful for every safe day you have!

5 comments:

CJB said...

I think you should make a claim against the guy's insurance for post-traumatic stress disorder. Go for the gold!

Megan said...

That is so scary! I'm really glad he didn't pull you into that accident in a more literal way. I have to say though, if I was ever in an emergency, you are exactly the kind of person I would want on hand.

Bert and Benton said...

Yikes! That is so scary! I hate being shaken up like that. I'm so sorry.

Bert and Benton said...

Yikes! That is so scary! I hate being shaken up like that. I'm so sorry.

The Stanford Bunch said...

SCARY!!! I'm so glad that guy didn't get close enough to you! The ice is so dangerous! You guys are flying down right? =) We are flying to Calgary but then have a 2 1/2 hour drive to Cardston...