Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hit 'n Run


Yesterday on my way home from work, I pulled up to a stop light behind a guy in a big GMC Yukon. While waiting for the green, I was rummaging through my bag when suddenly something slammed into the front of my car. I looked up to see that Mr. Big Wheel had decided he really wanted to turn right instead of left and thought he could quickly back up and change lanes before the light turned green. Of course, it's hard to back up when there is a car behind you, which he quickly discovered. His trailer hitch had punched a hole in my (thankfully cheap plastic) grill. He pulled forward to pull it out while I was still trying to figure out what the heck had happened. He got out and came to my car to make sure that I was ok and express apologies. I'm CERTAIN he was Mo', and looked actually a lot like my dad, just maybe a tad older. As I got out and walked to the front of the car to assess the damage, he asked me once more if I was ok and gave me a little side hug, and after I said yes, he walked back toward his car (I assumed to get a pen or a business card or insurance info) only to jump in and take off through the green light before I could even see his plate number. He left me standing in the street shakily staring at the front of my car. Whats with that!? Someone fell asleep in gospel doctrine during the Luke 10 Good Samaritan lesson. I already thought Utah drivers were bad, but this takes the cake, and also was the icing on what has been a VERY lousy week for me. He may not be a jack Mormon, but I assure you, he's a "jack" something! Oh, and aside from a little neck stiffness I'm fine, but my pride is still in the ICU.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

CRAP!!! Im sorry to hear that! Are you feelign sore or anything?

Bert and Benton said...

You have got to be kidding me? Guess he figured it was your fault for pulling up behind him so you can foot the bill.... nice.

Megan said...

Lovely. If it can happen, it will happen...to Kelly Nelson. :)

The Stanford Bunch said...

Man, I'm sorry Kell, that stinks!!!

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

Those stories make me so sad because I always feel like I'd prefer to trust the good in people. Course, I trust that this guy will be feeling bad about the damage done for a long time to come. What a bummer for you.

CJB said...

Sounds like a job for inspector of the year. Let me check with the government and see if we can get that machine featured in "Deja Vu" and go back in time to get the plate info. Maybe it'll be a double bonus and we can see Denzel in his undies!!!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I feel better already! Thanks Billquist! ;)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I feel better already! Thanks Billquist! ;)

Nedra Tietjen said...

I think it was John Kerry, posing as a Mormon. This is exactly why I did not vote for him. I knew he was not only a flip flopper but also a hit and runner... JERK!!