First of all, as promised, my picture with Santa from 1984. What kind of fake beard is that!? But lest you doubt, there is NOTHING fake about Donna's hair. SWEET!
Though our trip home for Christmas was relatively short this year compared to years past (darn jobs), it was none the less spectacular and memorable. We played more Nertz than I think any family has ever played, saw movies, ATE, and saw lots of friends and family. It was actually nice to escape the snow and cold for a few days. I just love being with my family. It doesn't matter what we're doing, we always have a blast.
Dane finally outgrew me (and Layne) this year. He is now a "not-so-mini" mini me of John. It was fun getting to watch him compete in a volleyball tourney on Saturday (even though it was in Dysart). Go number 4!
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without spending time with mom and dad "Ray-Ray and Jacks" Nelson. Look how cute and photogenic they are! Check out Ray's Christmas version of Pimp My Cane. We had a great time at Layne's sister Cherie's house with her husband Tim and our nephew Daniel on Christmas day.
Not a common Christmas tradition, but certainly one of our fav's is the Flaherty family 3 on 3 basketball game. This year mom had keys to the church which we put to good use for what will now be known as "Hoop it up '07". We played 3 exhausting half court games, and had a blast. Dane is finally old enough and good enouch to make the games really interesting. It was Layne, Tim and Kim vs. Kelly, John and Dane. Who do you think won 2 out of 3? We all came away bruised, battered and broken after many collisions, collapses, jammed fingers, sprained ankles and a few Athsma attacks, and all but Dane suffered from crippling muscle pain the next day, but a better time was never had (though we should have taken a before picture instead of after --EWE!).
Of course it wouldn't be a good trip home without crossing paths with some of our best friends (Christi, Dave, Ashley, Jarrod and Layne's 2nd polygamist wife Nedra -- such a cute couple) and one really cute Beagle. We had a great time catching up with our peeps and planning future events (ie the end of all fun Murray '08).
Thanks to moms and dads and friends and siblings who bent over backwards to accommodate us and make this a wonderful and unforgettable Christmas!
More Christmas pictures to follow.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Good ole Family Christmas
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! I am delighted there is an up-date and appreciate the honorable mention. I l-o-v-e-d getting to spend some quality time with yous guys. I would support you 1000% if you moved back down to Paradise. Love your guts!
It blows me away how big Dane is! Was that him in the car with you guys when I saw you? I love going home also not only to escape the cold but it's just nice to be home.
Oh, to be back in the old stomping ground! Looks like a great Christmas!
I'm glad you had a good fun christmas! You guys have some fun traditions! And I'm glad you got all your luggage! =)
Post a Comment