Date night this Friday night was unique and very fun for Layne and I. Not only was it our first time hitting the slopes this season (and our first as Utah residents) but it was our first time skiing Brighton and my first time skiing at night. Every evening but Monday and Tuesday at Brighton ski resort from 4:00 to 9pm is night skiing. With an x96FM card, it's 2 for one coming out to a grand total of $14 per person, making it the perfect date! It's so nice to live a stone's throw from the mountains and be able to go on a Friday evening after work and still be home before 10pm. We had a blast, but I must say, it was COLD!! Shortly after the sun went down, someone told us it was 6 degrees and dropping rapidly. I don't know how low it got by the time we left, but every single one of my eyelashes had turned into a sharp little icicles and my eyebrows were covered in frost and frozen solid. I've never participated in an outdoor activity in that temperature before, so I was proud of myself not only for hanging in there and only requiring one stop in the lodge for a warm up, but also for skiing hard and having a great time! Thanks Layne for planning such a fun date! I'm sure we'll be doing it many more times this season, but hopefully on some warmer nights.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Night Skiing
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun! I still have not been skiing! Sad day for me!
oh, and that sounds soooo brrrr.... I'm sure we will get plenty of that come this weekend
I LOVE night skiing! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to get on the slopes over Christmas break.
Oh I miss night boarding at Brighton, that was ALWAYS a good time and so cheap!! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment