Every Tuesday morning at 8am, there is a big production meeting for my team, the researchers, and all the top dogs who call the shots on the DARPA project. The most exciting thing that ever happens at these meetings is perhaps some shouting and arguing in a variety foreign tongues, and the occasional fists on the table. Today however, there was a surprise guest at our production meeting. One of the "top dogs", a physiology guy (who shall remain nameless), always bikes to work and usually arrives sweaty and has to hurry and change out of his bike wear before the meetings. This morning he must have been in a particular rush to change because he failed to secure a certain "opening" in the trouser region. When he stood (next to me I might add) to give a power point presentation on the latest soak test results, I was horrified to notice that a bit of his fruit had strayed from the loom. Of course I couldn't say anything, and none of the few others that were sitting at the unfortunate angle to notice dared either. It was, to say the least, an uncomfortable situation. Those who did not notice will most certainly have mistaken my nervous shifting and fidgeting for the need of some Preparation H. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel it is outside the realm of my responsibility (or is just inappropriate) to inform a male when his zipper is down. Perhaps I just don't know a tactful way to do it. Any opinions? Please advise.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Zip It!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
9:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is hysterical! I just read the part out loud to my co-workers about how some of his fruit got out of the loom. We all died laughing. You are a comedic genius.
Kelly, The Office needs you! Now is the time to make your move, what with the strikes and all. I think it might be your eternal mission to entertain.
his fruit had strayed from the loom? you kill me! You're the best. Thanks for making me giggle today!
Dito on the above mentioned parts! You crack me up! Sorry no suggestions here.
oh dear!! Kelly, your blog wins the award for most entertaining, hands down!! I'm Very sorry about your misfortune. But very well put, fruit of the loom. You slay me.
HOLY CRAP!!! While everyone else thought your "fruit" comment was funny, I was a little offended! HAHA just kidding! Your hilarious!
Hey, Kelly!!! I'm so glad you found me!! I think about you all the time and wonder how you're doing- well no more wondering! :) Isn't the blogging world great? I love this story- that poor guy- I can't imagine how he must have felt when he realized his fly was down! You crack me up!
I think someone ought to forward your blog to the unmentioned man and let him know that his unmentionables were mentioned. :)
Oh man! I feel so sorry for you. It was pretty funny though.
Post a Comment