Yesterday while on the treadmill at the gym, I was watching the news and was pleased by a certain story they ran. Apparently, a recent U.S. study of over 16,000 women titled: "Curvy hips lure men to smart women" shows that women who have a pear shaped figure (smaller waist and bigger hips and thighs) are more intelligent than other women, and also produce more intelligent children than women of other shapes and sizes. One of the reasons they give for this is the high level of Omega 3 fatty acids that are stored in the hips and thighs. Omega 3's have long been linked to intelligence and are fundamental to brain development in babies. Extremely skinny women, or women whose fat is all stored in the abdomen or elsewhere do not have such deposits (or so the study says). The study also claimed that men prefer women with smaller waists than hips, even when compared with slimmer women. I've been cursing my hips and thighs all my life, but hopefully one day my children will thank me... in their valedictorian speeches when they graduate from MIT.
So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to be thankful next time I try to squeeze my huge brains into my old jeans!
If you want to read the study you can go to the United Press International website (www.upi.com) and type in- Study: Curvy Hips.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
It's All In The Hips
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
YEAH for big(ger) hips! Great to come in contact with you guys again!
I knew there was a reason for all of this "Omega-3" fat on my hips. No more complaining for me!
Okay, so I came across your blog through Christi's and thought...Layne Nelson, that name sounds familiar and I don't know many Layne's.
I think I went to elementary school with him! Are you guys from Gilbert originally?
Kelly, how fun to hear from you! Seriously I love this blog business! It's so fun to find people!
I knew there was a reason Jaxon was a genius!
Ok, PS I just read through several of your posts and laughed till I cried! I tried to read them to Ben, but it was hard enough just to breathe!
I went to Patterson Elementary (Go Panthers!) and Mesquite Jr. I am pretty sure we went to the same elementary school.
I promise I am not a stalker, I just remember weird things...like I am pretty sure we rode the same bus to school because I remember picking up the kids that lived in his neighborhood (did he live East of Lindsay just north of the rr tracks?)
That's just funny. Don't ask how I even remember that because it was a LONG time ago :)
sssuuuuuweeeetttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course us apples always lose out.
you crack me up! Seriously, I am very impressed with your Mo TAb auditioning etc. Keep it up!
Hahaha You are so funny. I love trying to squeeze my brains into my jeans too, but next time they're feeling a little tight, i'll just go ahead and pat myself on the back
Post a Comment