So on Friday Layne took me to a new Greek restaurant he discovered recently called Greek Souvlaki which brags that it not only has the best Gyro in Salt Lake, but Greek food the way you'll find it in Athens. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but Layne can be very persuasive when he wants to be, so we went. I had the Gyro with cucumber white sauce (which embarrassingly enough they have to spell "Yeero" on the menu for all those without an ounce of International awareness) and I was in HEAVEN!! I think I even shouted "OPA!" after my first bite. It's been a long time since I've had any Greek food and for some reason unknown to me now, I left that last experience feeling less than impressed, but I'm so glad I decided to give it another try! Besides lamb chops, I'm pretty sure that was the only other way I've ever had lamb prepared, but it was delicious! I can still taste it, which is why I'm sitting here at my desk with my tuna fish dreaming about Greek food. If you've never gone Greek, give it a try, you might be surprised! And if there is a Greek Souvlaki anywhere near you, pay them a visit, you won't be sorry. If you don't live near one, come visit me and I'll take you out!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Going, Going, Going, GREEK!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love Gyros! We are getting a restaurant by us called OPA! so I can't wait to try it. I'll have to try your restaurant when I'm up in UT. Where is it at?
Post a Comment