Layne and I haven't lived in an apartment setting for over 4 years, so I thought the days of dealing with noisy neighbors was over. HOWEVER, for the past few months we have been dealing with some of the noisiest neighbors EVER! I would rather listen to barking dogs or a rooster or lawn mower! At first light EVERY morning, the domestic disputes begin. Hours of arguing! They usually take it up to the roof which makes it impossible NOT to hear! I tried talking to them about it but they just ignored me. We'd complain to the HOA, but they're only seasonal visitors, plus I don't know if our HOA has jurisdiction over their particular residence...the pond around the corner.
Thats right. Our noisy neighbors are a flock of Canada Geese who live with the ducks in the pond by our house. You've never heard anything more loud and annoying than a big group of geese on the roof tops honking at eachother or fighting or doing whatever it is that they do for hours on end. It's especially bad for me because I hear everything. Even in the deepest of sleep I'm quite certain I could hear a canary break wind in Florida. They're pretty to look at, but that HONKING... OY VEY!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Noisy Neighbors
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Kelly. I know what you are going through. Thankfully mine only happens when there is a celebration and it's not something like domestic violence. To bad there is no way to shut them up.
You and Dave are going to have to go toe-to-toe with the Living Scriptures. He can quote them all too! His favorites from that one are:
"You're draw Laman."
""HEHEHE It's not Meeee!" and
The song you quoted!
At least it's geese....I have neighbors that think that everything I do is their business and they even think that they can tell me how and how not I can do my hair and dress! The latest was the controversy they started over me laying out! In a modest swim suit! In My backyard! I hate little towns!
Oh my gosh... I was totally thinking - try calling the cops. Um yeah... TONS here in CO too. sorry you have to deal with all that.
i was happy to wake up to chirping birds this morning!
(laurice - that SUCKS! sorry!)
Maybe you should get your gun carrying co-worker to "talk" to your neighbors. JK JK
Post a Comment