Saturday's crushing loss for our Suns very well could have ruined our weekend. Tim Duncan hitting a buzzer beating 3 pointer? Seriously? To say that Layne and I were bothered by the loss would be like saying cats don't particularly enjoy swimming. Heartbreak turns to frustration, frustration leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and as we all know, hate is the path to the dark side. So immediately following the last seconds, Layne and I changed clothes and went to the temple. We did sealings with an enthusiastic German sealer named Rolf who was an absolute MACHINE! It was amazing. We churned through more names in an hour and a half session than I ever thought possible! What could be better than finding a wonderful distraction from the Spurs and performing dozens saving ordinances while we were at it! :) If the rest of the series is like this, Layne and I may be making many a visit to the temple! Maybe we'll put the Suns on the prayer roll. After all, we are in Utah now. (See Christi Billquist for the Utah Jazz playoff prayer roll story).
Ever see a car you just had the desire to hug? On Saturday evening Kim and I saw this SMART car in the parking lot at Smiths. I've been seeing more and more of these European cars here in Utah and after a particularly painful trip to the pump a few days ago I got to wondering about them. What is the actual gas mileage? Are they safe? How much do they cost? Size aside, do they perform like regular cars?
Some answers:
Size: 8ft. long (4ft. shorter than a mini cooper)
Mileage: Nearly70 mpg, 5.8 gal tank
Top Speed: 85 mph
Cost: Once widely available, there will be 3 different models selling for $12,000, $14,000 and $17,000
Safety: SMART brags about this little guy's strength as being like the shell of a walnut. Compact, but very difficult to crack. This video demonstrates why this little guy is safe for the open road.
I'm sold! Where do I get myself a walnut on wheels? Here are a few other cuties.

Monday, April 21, 2008
Anger Management and Smart Cars
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm sorry cute they are but I just wouldn't feel safe driving in that. You could be squashed like a bug!
Kindred spirits. An evening in the temple is the only known way to get your mind off of the loss. Way to go Rolf! I don't think the Smart Car is very safe. I'm sure it goes back to my years of handling car accident claims. I think "fatality" would make an appropriate license plate. I'm sure you could come up with others!
Marci swears that when her grandma was working at the Provo temple, during the play-offs one year, a woman called in to put the whole Utah Jazz team including Jerry Sloan on the prayer role. It didn't work to get them a ring but perhaps it helped any players who were sick or were otherwise afflicted.
In Italy everyone drives the SMART car and I hav seen a couple here latley including some people in my ward. I cannot imagine them being safe on the freeway though. How about the Toyota Yaris? Yes more expensive but economical on fuel and much safer. Amen to the Anger Management. I could not believe Duncan hitting that last second 3. It is probably the only 3 of his career!!!!! We played really well though. We will prevail in the end!
Hey Kelly, I never got your email so I could invite you to read our blog- send it to me at chicaclayden@hotmail.com!
Remember when we went to conference and ran over the deer? I'm not sure what would have happened to us had we been in a smart car!
You totally sold me on the smart car!!! LOVE the silver ones! My question is where do your kids go?!?!?!
I just want Dave to have a hybrid so he can drive in the carpool lane...then I could have a husband for a few hours more everyday! ARGGGG!!! Traffic!
I bet you could fit a ton of kids in there...clown car anyone?
I've seen only a couple of those, even over here in Denmark, but they are the coolest. And at $12,000, that may be our next commuter car for Don. I can't believe it gets 70 mpg! That's insane.
Amy
By the way, thank you for having so many links to old Mission Bay friends...I love looking through thier blogs from time to time as well!
Amy
Post a Comment