I seem destined to find delays in morning traffic if they are in existence. Last week a broken down bus blocked 3 lanes of freeway traffic. The week before there was a goose in the road that wouldn't get out of the way of a car. Earlier in the month someone's mattress had come untied off the roof of their car and was clogging up a turn lane. This morning I ran into a rather interesting hold up in traffic. It took me 15 minutes of sitting in line to work my way up to the point where I could see what was causing the delay. Turns out the only problem was a little water on the road. Aquafina to be precise.
A pickup truck carrying dozens of cases of water bottles in the back had lost half it's load going around this turn scattering water bottles everywhere. It was amusing to watch the 2 guys scurrying around in heavy traffic trying to clear the road while dodging cars in a hurry to get to work. Though they had kicked most of the bottles out of the road by the time I got close enough to see, my favorite part was when a big rig oil tanker truck with TWO trailers passed through the intersection running over dozens of bottles which all exploded shooting water everywhere and soaking the guys. It was like some crazy water park attraction gone awry!
Moral of the story: If you're going to carry stuff in the back of your truck, make sure its tied down.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Water on the road!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Crimany! I bet the squirting water was quite the sight though! Imagine how scary that would have been if you were the car right behind it when it broke loose!
Yikes! I agree people down here especially never tie anything down!
Kelly I bet it was hilarious to watch :) That's crazy.
Oh, those folks at Aquafina are always trying to make a splash! :) I am sure it was some good free advertising for them. Everyone that drove past the bottles on that hot summer day probably thought to themselves that they need a nice bottle of Aquafina, fresh off the freeway. Perhaps the big guys at corporate planted that truck on purpose...
I like the way your mind works Arian...I can't tell at ALL that you majored in marketing...
:)
Post a Comment