Yesterday was a special day but I didn't have a chance to blog about it. Yesterday was Timothy John Flaherty's birthday! I know how old he is, but I'm not going to say because anyone that doesn't know would most certainly guess that he's younger than he is because he takes such good care of himself! (He's on the right in this picture). My dad and I are a LOT a like. So much so in fact that during my adolescence, it proved to make things difficult between us at times. I've called him a lot of things throughout my life; dad, coach, editor, teacher, and Bishop. But now as an adult I am privileged to be able to call him friend. I credit my dad for any athletic ability I have, my sense of humor, my good grammar, my extraordinarily high arches, my love of literature and writing, my ability to speak in public, and my skill for arguing a point. :) Thanks dad, and happy birthday! I love you!




Saturday, August 16, 2008
Happy Birthday Tim!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Kel, I enjoyed reading your blog about the birthday boy. I called to wish him a happy B-day a day late and he said, "oh thank you, you're my favorite, my other sister hasn't called yet." We had a good laugh with a little emotion. Both of us had just been thinking about her. For me it has been the olympics. Anne loved watching, especially the girls gymnastics. And the picture of G. Flaherty sitting on the fireplace in that "Squaw" dress with the "bricker brack" is appropriate cause that's what your dad called it. He means the ric-rac. Love, Aunt Char
awww....happy birthday! I love seeing all these old pictures!
Post a Comment