Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nickel Anniversary

On this day 5 years ago Layne and I were sealed for T&E in the Mesa, AZ temple. That day was hands down the best day of my life! I think of Layne as a gift. If our lives were the office secret Santa gift exchange he'd be the video iPod and I'd be the homemade oven mitt. Its amazing how content one can be to be an oven mitt when you're married to a video iPod! :) I feel so blessed and so happy. I've never been one of those soul mate searchers who thinks there is a "one" person in this world for me. While you still will never hear me use the term "soul mate", I can honestly say that though there may be other men out there that I could have had a happy life with, it's nearly impossible to imagine. Thank you Layne for 5 wonderful years! Here's to 50 more!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAY FOR LAYNE AND KELLY!!!!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

We owe a lot to your master plan Ashley!

Jason and Kate said...

congrats! Yes...that is the HS I went to. I grew up just south of it (43rd south, 23rd east). Go Titans!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Happy
Anniversary to two of my favorite people!!!

Cara Rigby said...

Congrats you two! That's so awesome, and awesome that I remember being there in the temple with ya! Love you guys...

CJB said...

Wow! I can't believe you two crazy kids made it 5 years. Nobody said it was last, but I did! haha. LOVE you both mucho mucho!

laurice. said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 Years! Crazy!