Every time I have come home from work this week, a new piece of our house has been missing. Monday the leak happened (pictured in previous post). Tuesday I came home to large holes in the walls (pictured in previous post). Wednesday the water damage people tore out the remainder of the ceiling (pictured below) and started those loud and annoying dehumidifier machines.
Last night when I came home from work, the water damage people had been back and decided that our wood floor and base boards were damaged so they had ripped some of that out (pictured below) so we'll have to replace the whole thing.
They're coming back today to check the carpet behind the wall. If it doesn't pass the test, they'll be ripping that out next. Every piece of our house that goes missing is like another paycheck disappearing. On top of everything, we had such fun plans for the long weekend to go rafting on the snake river near Jackson Hole with some friends from the ward, and now Layne is being forced to work on Saturday so it looks as though our trip is now off. What a waste of a 3 day weekend! I hope you all have fun plans that won't be spoiled by leaky ceilings! I suppose I should try to look for some silver lining...thanks in LARGE part to the stress and nerves of the last month or so, I have dropped 10 pounds! WOO HOO! :)
Friday, August 29, 2008
The House that "Jack" Built - Update
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Why does your warranty not cover any of these problems?
so sorry... congrats on the dropping of pounds but I didn't think you needed it!
oh kelly, I'm so sorry about your house and your dumb home warrantee! That is terrible!! On the bright side, at least the flood didn't come from your septic tank and fill up your basement with all sorts of goodies. That happened to us once, and a number of other floods, we wised up and put in tile instead of recarpeting every time. I feel your pain! I hope it all works out! and CONGRATS on your getting into the choir! YOu're amazing!
Post a Comment