This weekend was very busy, but VERY fun! On the heels of the Suns game Thursday night, we started off the weekend Friday night by going to see the Utah Symphony perform some Rachmaninoff and Shostakovich at the gorgeous Abravanel Hall downtown. I had been anticipating this for a long time. Being a University of Utah employee, I can get normally expensive symphony tickets for the price of going to see a full price movie, and this weekend, among other things, they were performing Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43(one of my favorites) featuring renowned Brazilian pianist Arnoldo Cohen. We got great center section seats and the performance was AMAZING! Especially the Rachmaninoff. Layne was a good sport to let me "dress & drag" him to the show. Actually he really liked it! He has put up very little resistance since we've been married to me injecting a little culture into his life, and has actually become quite the connoiseur!
Saturday we did something we both enjoy, though I must admit Layne is a bit more fanatical about it than I. There are only a few things I'm convinced my husband would sell his soul for, and one of them is snowboarding. The day started at 7:00am when he woke me with a kiss and a "happy boarding day!" That pretty much sums it up actually! It was a gorgeous, mostly sunny day at Brighton ski resort, and we had a blast! The snow was perfect, and aside from a lot of people, it couldn't have been any better. That evening it was back into our nice clothes for a friend's wedding reception in Bountiful, after which we got our "Lost" on. Yes, at the recommendation of a trusted friend, we have finally agreed to try watching Lost, and have so far been pleased. We were worried that it was going to be Survivor meets Days of Our Lives, but it hasn't been that bad. Thanks Chris. It will at least help tide us over until this writer's strike ends.
3 comments:
sounds like a blast of a weekend!!!
I cannot wait to wake you up with a kiss(on the cheek of course) and happy ski day next Saturday Kelly!!! Love you guys and see you soon!
How fun!!! Oh, I remember those days when 7:00 am was way too early to wake up on a Saturday! (pre-kids) Have fun watching LOST...I'm a huge fan and counting down the days until season 4 starts!!
Post a Comment