Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Traffic Jam Discovery & Favs

This morning's commute was simply awful. A disabled bus was blocking 2 lanes of traffic on the I-15 turning my 20 minute morning drive into an hour and 15. However, I did have something interesting to look at while at a standstill on the freeway. The vehicle next to me was something I had never seen before. My first thought was that a jet ski and a motorcycle hooked up and had a deformed child.
Meet the Can-Am Spyder Roadster. With gas prices the way they are, I'm seeing more and more "alternative" vehicles on the road. I guess this is just newest addition!

Layne and I had a busy weekend starting with me getting back from camp Thursday afternoon. After a long day of work Friday, Layne and went to my cousin McKenna's wedding reception. First thing Saturday morning we had the annual ward breakfast at Murray park. Layne volunteered to cook and I volunteered to help with the relay races. The turnout wasn't too bad for a Saturday morning at 8:30, and it seemed like people had a good time. Afterward I got my hair cut and spent several hours preparing my lesson for combined YWs on Sunday and baking brownies. Layne and I went to a matinee showing of the new X-Files movie, which was ok. That evening I met up with the 1st counselor and her daughter and another laurel for Cafe Rio and an Anne of Green Gables marathon. We had a great time. Its always fun to watch with someone who has never seen it before.

So I haven't done any product pushing of my favorite things in a while. Here are a few that come to mind at the moment.

Venus Breeze Razor
I shave a lot. You may be thinking, "well so do I" but trust me on this, I win. As soon as we have some extra cash to throw around (I'm not holding my breath) I'm going to finish the job I started about 6 years ago and complete the laser hair removal treatments. Until that sweet day comes however, I'll be sticking with my Venus Breeze. I've tried just about every razor on the market, and this is the clear winner. It's got the soapy moisture strips built in and I'm a big fan. We all have to do it (though some more than others) and as one who has tried them all, I recommend the Venus Breeze.

Wells Fargo Bill Pay
Ok, I know that this isn't really a "product" per se, but I love it none the less, and most banks offer a similar feature. I'm glad I live in the day of debit cards and online banking. I DESPISE checkbooks and balancing them. Frankly, there is no need anymore because it's all available online! Once I set up my account online and added all my payees, it made paying all my monthly bills a breeze. If your bank offers this feature and you don't use it, you should. It rocks. I haven't mailed a payment somewhere in over a year. Get with the times!

Luigi's Italian Ice
Layne and I adore these things. Our favorite is the box of Mango and Pina Colada. They're great fat free tasty treats for a summer's eve...or any eve...or afternoon...

Suzy Mei Mei's Magnetic Earrings

For those of you who don't know, I have never been able to have my ears pierced because I have what is called a keloid in my left earlobe. It's an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed injury, often from a chicken pox scar. Anyway, its benign, but if its ever punctured it can ulcerate into something like this. Gross huh? There is no good treatment for it and surgical removal most often results in its return bigger than it was before. I'd rather not take my chances with piercing thank you very much. HOWEVER, I do have a desire to look extra purty sometimes and most clip ons are really ugly or look worse than wearing nothing at all. A few months ago I ran into Suzy Mei Mei's store on ebay where she sells magnetic earrings of all kinds like these that I bought. They're great! No one can tell the difference when I wear them and I don't even notice that they're there. Most of you don't have my problem, but if your holes ever close or you need an answer for a young child who wants to wear earrings but you think may be too young, Suzy Mei Mei is your girl!

Speaking of looking purty, my sister just sent me this email (titled: Guurl, I jus' got my nails done!) and I got a big kick out of it. Looking at these pictures reminded me of some people I met in North Carolina. GROSS! Props for creativity and a steady hand though!











6 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Those nails were quite a sight! The toenails grossed me out. I cannot stand to see long toenails. I think I need a pedicure!

The Stanford Bunch said...

yuck, wow... ouch! And that scooter thing is pretty groovy :)

laurice. said...

Love that razor and oh my those nails are horrible! Who in their right mind does that?!?

CJB said...

I agree with Skate. Long toe nails should be against the law. Grody. LOVE the nail wraps though. That is awesome.

Appreciate the faves. I too enjoy the Venus.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to type what with all the gagging from those toenails!! Im there with you on shaving and removal...oh the joys!

Arian said...

Perfect, we are in the market for a new economical car for Jordan to get to and from work in. I am all about him driving a warped scooter type contraption. Whenever I see nails like that I have to wonder how on earth they type?!