Last night Layne and I went to the John Mayer concert opened by Colbie Caillat and had a great time. John Mayer is an AMAZING musician and most of the concert was him jamming on guitar. It was the most chill/relaxing concert I've ever been to. If you get the chance I HIGHLY recommend him! Here's a little taste of what we got:
I LOVED his cover of this song! It was a great show and we didn't come away smelling like smoke or beer so that was an added bonus to our usual concert going experience. :) We could tell he just loved to play music and was VERY gracious to his fans. Two thumbs up John! If you like this, he's putting out a DVD of his performance live in LA called Where the Light Is which has this and more. There are more songs on YouTube like this one (which I LOVE) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1FHJkVoFE, but due to restrictions I couldn't embed it on my blog. Anyway, great artist, great show.
This afternoon I'm packing up and heading to camp Piuta in the Uinta mountains for stake girls camp. Even though I've been in YW's for a few years now it's been AGES since I've made the trek to girls camp so wish me luck. Thanks to a wonderful Utah holiday (July 24th) I'm able to take one day off work and make the trip this time. Catch you on the flip side!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Mr. Mayer & Destination Camp Piuta
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sis, I listened to every one of your concert numbers...made my day. Love,mom
Good luck with Camp! I got out of it last year and thought I would this year being that I was pregnant but now that I am not who knows???
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! i am so jealous!!! i want to marry john mayer, assuming i wasn't already married of course! but i love him all the same and he is coming to raleigh tomorrow and i am not going to be here, i am so upset, i feel like i will never see him (sigh), maybe one day!!
Post a Comment