Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring Time, Tuesdays and Kids

I think I'm finally ready to declare the start of spring here, even though it's currently in the low 60's and pouring rain outside. The point I think is that it's raining and not snowing. By now the low 60's feels like summer weather so I'm pleased. One of the things that clinched it for me was the sight of these little guys with their mother (who was hissing at me) when I was getting the mail yesterday. It's that time of year!

I finished another book yesterday called Tuesdays With Morrie. Its the true story of a Sociology professor from Massachusetts named Morrie Schwartz who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease, written by one of his old students and close friends Mitch Albom. You can watch a series of his interviews before he died with Ted Koppel on you tube. Anyway, I had heard good things about it, and it certainly wasn't a bad book. It was a short read, sentimental, and laden with good solid life advice and aphorisms. That being said, I had a hard time getting into it. I didn't finish it feeling particularly inspired to change my life and make every day count, but maybe its because I had already heard most of his aphorisms before. Anyway, it's a nice little non-fiction about love, life, and making it count while you still can.

After reading a book about death and dying, I enjoyed looking at these pictures that my sister sent me in an email titled "Kids". Very cute!

I think this one defines what "crocodile tears" are. Such a look of betrayal!

I suppose if you're afraid of getting athlete's foot...

Just plain CUTE!

I think this one is my fav! I love how all the other kids are laughing except the next one in line!

Don't you just want to stick your finger in that mouth?

I'M scared of those things!!

The only thing that would be cuter is the baby riding the mini pony

Love it! From the look on her face I would guess she's listening to either Brahms or Gloria Estefan.

I guess some are born with a fear of dogs.

3 comments:

Nedra Tietjen said...

So fun! I love seeing the funny looks kids get in different situations.

The Stanford Bunch said...

We watched the movie Tuesdays with Morrie in marriage class at BYUI... I didn't realize it was a book. Such funny kid pix!

laurice. said...

Oh my that one with the creepy thing holding the poor child! I would be screaming also!