So I've been tagged a couple times but haven't done either of them yet so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and do them both in one post. First things first, the "Purse Barf" tag. I suppose you're just supposed to dump out your purse without cleaning it out first and list everything that's in it. So here's my bag that goes EVERYWHERE with me. I'm definitely a one-hand bag-woman. I'd be too scatter if bags were accessories for me. So here's the show and tell part.
I usually have more gum wrappers and receipts in my bag, but not today! Here's what we have:
1 set of personal keys (home, cars, mail box, Albertsons card)
1 cute Roxy wallet (great Christmas gift from my sister!)
1 mini brush (if your hair is as stringy as mine, and you have to wear hoods and hair nets at work, this is a must have!!)
1 pair of finger nail clippers. When you don't have them is when you really need them! I can't have a hang nail and wear nitrile gloves at work.
1 mini bottle of lotion. I practically have to BATHE in lotion during certain times of the year and ABHOR dry skin, so I always have to have it with me.
1 mini bottle of Purel hand sanitizer - A MUST HAVE
1 tube of Cover Girl Lipslicks lip gloss.
1 green pill box. Mostly what I carry this around for is the Ibuprofen that I keep stocked in it. You never know when you're going to need one and never want to be without. I also keep some vitamins, Sudafed and airborne in here just in case.
1 tube Burt's Bees chapstick. I am a chap stick FIEND. Whenever I'm asked which 3 things I'd take with me to a desert island, chap stick is my number 1 every time! I have been switching off between Burt's Bees and soft lips.
1 pack Tropical Twist Trident Sugar Free Gum. I always have Trident in my bag, though I switch between flavors regularly. Trident's fruity line of gum is just the best gum ever PERIOD! People always love the smell and I get compliments all the time. I'm paranoid of having bad breath.
1 Cell phone. I love T-Mobile, and I love my Samsung t619 phone. Music, movies, pictures, the works! Many a great picture wouldn't have been taken if I didn't have a camera phone.
1 Compact mirror. Gotta have it to check whether I've got cloudy skies or bats in the cave (food in my teeth, unwelcome guests in my nose) from time to time. There is not make up in it, I just keep it for the mirror.
1 Day planner. Despite what some may think, I really am an organized person, and enjoy having all my ducks in a row. With everything I have to juggle it's a MUST! The main reason I have it is for the calendar and to do lists. I've had the same little day planner long enough that at this moment I can flip back and tell you what I was doing on this day in May of 2006 (getting ready for youth conference)!
1 set of work keys (2 U of U building keys & 2 keys for rooms in those buildings, USB flash drive, hair tie)
1 Tide Pen. I'm a little prone to accidents, I won't lie. And I tend to spill things when I eat. Yes, I'm about as graceful as a Hippo on roller skates! But I SWEAR by these things! Tide pens have saved me from many an embarrassing moment and many a permanent stain!
1 Ralph's Automotive Pen - one can never have too many pens in one's purse.
1 Creative Zen V Plus 8GB MP3 player- I don't usually carry this in my purse, but it was in there today so there you go. I always have it in my work bag though! It's definitely a favorite possession (and for those of you looking for iPod alternative devices, I HIGHLY recommend it!)
Last but not least, 1 rock hard red Starburst fruit chew. Of course, if you tried to chew this one, you'd lose all your teeth! This is special to me because it's from my grandpa Flaherty's funeral a few years ago. Starbursts were his favorite candy and were given out at the funeral. I didn't intend to keep it in my purse for so long, but I like having it in there now because it reminds me of him, and how I need to enjoy the little things in life like he did.
So thats it! Is that supposed to reveal the deep mysteries of my psyche? Any interpretations?
Ok, now for the 2nd tag, this is the 'reflection tag'
20 years ago:
1. i was almost 6 and probably about to enter Mrs. Littlefield's 1st grade class (pictured above, can you find me?)
2. it's a miracle I was willing to go at all after having survived an abusive kindergarten teacher!
3. i was blonde, getting perms in those days, playing t-ball and loosing teeth (as you can see).
10 years ago:
1. i was about to become a junior at Highland High.
2. i was a month away from turning16, getting my license and starting to date, WOO HOO!
3. i was asked on my first date by Travis Hinton :)
5 years ago:
1. i was living at San Angelo for the last time.
2. i was a twin RS president in Mission Bay ward with Christi B!
3. i had just been proposed to by my handsome hunk and was busy planning my upcoming wedding!
3 years ago:
1. i had just survived my first year living in North Carolina, and Layne and I bought our first house!
2. i was working at Riverside Veterinary Hospital
3. i was preparing to attend East Carolina University in a couple months
1 year ago:
1. almost EXACTLY a year ago today I was walking across the stage in Wright auditorium at ECU receiving my Bachelor's degree! Vacationing with my family, and recording a CD with the ECU Chamber Singers.
2. a year ago next weekend, Layne and I sold our house, said goodbye to our friends, packed up our stuff and drove across the country to Salt Lake City!
3. i started my new job!
so far this year:
1. i auditioned for the Salt Lake Choral Artists and will be completing my first season with the performance tomorrow.
2. i got called to the YW presidency in my ward.
3. i have gotten 2 raises at work.
yesterday:
1. i went on a date with my husband to Central do Brasil
2. i bought a gift for my wonderful mother for mother's day
3. i watched a funny episode of The Office
today:
1. i have a job interview for a 2nd job (wish me luck!)
2. i have Elijah dress rehearsal from 7pm till 10pm tonight.
3. my brother is flying in to stay with us this weekend, YAY!
in the next year:
1. we are going to pay off all our debt!
2. we'll be planning a SERIOUS vacation abroad!
3. kids??? :)
I tag YOU!!
4 comments:
There were some delightful tidbits in there about you that I never knew before. :)
I saw your cute dad at Justin Bluth's funeral yesterday (from across the packed gym). He is such a nice guy!
So the Tide pens really work. I've always wondered. And was Travis really your first date. I don't know why, but that little piece of info really took me back. Ahh, the days.
Kel, after seeing what was lurking in your purse i have the name of a good phsychiatrist you may want to see. :) That was really fun! Especially the walk down memory lane.
Tide pen....love it! So maybe a kid in the next year....that would be exciting!
Post a Comment