Last night Layne and I went to see the Stone Temple Pilots in concert at the E Center. The tickets were only $10 and STP was a favorite band of Layne's youth and is still today.
Even for $10 we had great seats and I would have paid that just to hear them perform 'Plush' live. It was awesome. In spite of their age, the band sounded really good, though I've never seen a front man smoke 6 cigarettes while performing. We ended up leaving early for a few reasons.
1) It was a week night and we both had big early days at work today. It seems like every concert we go to, the headlining band takes longer and longer to actually take the stage. The tickets said the show starts at 8:00, but the Pilots didn't take the stage until 9:30. Ouch. Maybe we're just getting older and don't like to stay out late anymore.
2) We had both lost our hearing after an hour.
3) We only paid $10
4) After about 45 minutes, the entire row in front of us starting smoking pot. There were 3 joints being passed up and down the row and it was becoming quite overwhelming. Layne was starting to get concerned that if they asked him to do his new hire drug screen today, that something might show up if we didn't stop inhaling 2nd hand pot and it would turn into this situation:
The moment illegal drugs start getting passed around, this white Mormon girl suddenlybecomes as out of place as a drag queen at a tractor pull! We had a good time though. It's nice to get out and do things during the summer. Did I say summer? I'm actually not sure about that. Most of the day yesterday is was 48 degrees out and the mountains got a fresh coat of snow. Does everyone else's calendar show June 12th or did I miss something? Just wondering.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
STP
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I could be a happy women just reading your entertaining blogs! I have two words for you crazy kids--- ROCK ON!!! (until your sensible 10:30 bedtime that is)
How fun! I love going to concerts.
I love the Mormon white girl comment. I would have felt the same way. I get all bent out of shape when people are just smoking around me let alone when it involves pot. Oh, and 48 degrees in June?! What the heck is going on in Utah??
Fun...I heard about the crazy weather you guys are having! Sorry but I don’t wish I was there!
i LOVE the office. hilarious stuff. glad you had fun... and yes tim & i are old like that too - but i couldn't handle smelling cigarette smoke - much less pot!
ok and those wedding pics below are out of control. wow.
So funny. You should tell Layne if he is afraid of the drug test; just don't inhale. Seems to work for our Nations Presidents.
How are ya? This clip is hilarious! Say hi to the fam!
Post a Comment