...Well, at least one year older. I've never had a hard time with getting older before, but 26 was a little weird, being that the first quarter of my life is now officially behind me. It didn't help that on my big day a relative wished me a happy 30th (in all seriousness). I can hear a lot of you right now chuckling to yourselves at how silly I must sound, but please don't mistake my musings for some kind of quarter life crisis. There is still a lot of candy left in this pinata! Actually my birthday on Saturday was probably the best birthday I've had in many years, because I got to celebrate it with my family. That hasn't happened since before we got married. Not only did I get to be with my immediate family (minus Dane who was at EFY) but also my wonderful extended family as well. We went to the temple together, took pictures, had a big lunch, and a big party that evening with cake and ice cream, music, dancing, gifts and a few hundred people etc. Ok, well the party wasn't for me, but who am I to quibble over minor details? :) Saturday was also a special day for my cousin Jessica Williams (now Jessica Fisher) who was sealed to her husband in the St. George temple.
Layne and I were very privileged to be able to attend the sealing ceremony Saturday morning. It was the first sealing of a relative that I've been to since my own and it was wonderful. It was also the first time I had ever been inside the oldest operating temple in the church today. There are a lot of special things about this temple. It was the only temple completed during Brigham Young's 30 year tenure as president. It was the first temple where endowments for the dead were performed. It was the temple where our founding fathers twice appeared to Wilford Woodruff asking why their temple work had not yet been performed on their behalf. It is also where my grandma and grandpa Church were sealed, and we certainly felt their presence there.
After the sealing and pictures there was a big family luncheon followed by family napping. What better gift could I get!? -- besides the thoughtful gifts from my family of course. After our naps we went out to eat and to the reception which was beautiful. We did have a little scare when our car wouldn't start Saturday evening and all signs pointed to the alternator. For a while we were worried that we wouldn't get in to see a mechanic until Monday. Fortunately we got a jump and were able to get it to an Auto Zone where they diagnosed a bad battery. PHEW! That would have been a disaster! We took off Sunday afternoon after attending a local sacrament meeting and made great time getting home. All in all a great weekend. Thanks to everyone for the calls, emails, gifts and wishes that made my birthday special!

16 comments:
Hi Kelly!
Have I ever commented on your blog? If not, I'm so sorry! Because I read it quite often! I seem to always read blogs when I'm holding a baby that doesn't want to be put down. So I have a difficult time typing!:)
Happy Birthday! You deserve such a great birthday! I love reading your blog because it always makes me laugh! How have I survived so many years without you?! Life without Kelly and gushers is meaningless!
Well how I love you and I'm so glad life is going great! Keep up the hilarious posts!
Love ya!
Tara
Dave's new crush is a guy in our ward that wears a very big knot in his tie...(to me that's his most distinguishing feature) perhaps a "double windsor"? My parents are leaving in August to teach English in China for a year through the Kennedy center at BYU. It's something my mom cooked up to drag my dad along for payback for all the church callings she supported him in while raising 6 kids single handedly... that's really all I can come up with!
you look great for 30! Its the new 20 anyway. glad your birthday was so darn fun. nice of you to share it with a family wedding. come visit soon!
Happy 30th!!! ha ha, oh my, you always have the best stories!! I hope you had a great birthday, tell everyone hey from NC!!
Rachel
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a great one.
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were able to spend it with so much family!
Hey, 30 is waaaayyy off! haha! I know it's getting a litte scary, but welcome to the BIG 26, it's really not so bad! :) I'm so glad you had a good birthday! Can't beat Cheesecake Factory! And being with the fam! Awesome! It was cool to see Sandy in that pic, what is she up to anyway? Happy Birthday! Love ya!
Ah, happy birthday!! Looks like you had quite the celebration in YOUR honor. :) Some time we'll really have to get together when you come to AZ. I'd do my abs good to get a nice laughing workout in!
Happy Borthday Kel!!! I thought of you many times Saturday but did not pick up the phone and call :( I hope you felt my happy thoughts and love for you anyway.
Funny, I am always flattered when someone wishes me a happy 30th! :)
Happy Birthday cutie! I wish you I would have known you guys were down, it would have been super fun to meet up with you for a few minutes :) 26 is a big year, try 27! That's me in just a few days!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That is so funny that someone thought you were 30. I guess we are getting to that age where being older isn't that desirable anymore. Oh, well 26 is still really young in my book.
Happy belated birthday, Kelly! Sonny and I are jealous you got to spend time with the fam, but it was so cool to at least get to see some pictures of the things and people we missed!
...And I really like your new blog design!
Thank you! That was so helpful! Yes we are so excited! I can't wait...I just need to get Camden potty trained and sleeping in a big boy bed in the next 7 months. The pressure is on!
Your family is still so cute. Tell them all hi for me.
Happy Birthday! Welcome to your next quarter.
Post a Comment