Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The CD


The East Carolina University Chamber Singers CD Greater Love, has officially been released! We recorded this in May of this year in St. Paul's Episcopal church in Greenville, NC with Gothic records. It's some great music from Great Britain and represents a great deal of my time and effort over the last year. You can purchase your copy now on Gothic's online catalog at www.gothic-catalog.com It's also going to be available soon on iTunes, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine retailers. You can download and listen to some track samples by clicking below.

Here is the track listing:

1 Psalm Prelude Set 2, no. 3—Herbert Howells (1892-1983) (8:05)

“Sing unto Him a new song. Play skillfully with a loud noise.” –Psalm 33:3

Requiem—Howells
I. Salvator mundi (2:37) Listen! Click to hear music file
II. Psalm 23 (2:26)
III. Requiem aeternam (I) (3:32)Click to hear music file
IV. Psalm 121 (3:01)
V. Requiem aeternam (II) (3:52) Click to hear music file
VI. I heard a voice from Heaven (4:22) Click to hear music file

Tu es Petrus Robert Pearsall (1795-1856) (2:48) Click to hear music file

Five Negro Spirituals, from A Child of Our Time—Michael Tippett (1905-1998)
Steal away (3:03) Click to hear music file
Nobody knows (1:16)
Go down, Moses (3:02)
By and by (1:25)
Deep river (3:40) Click to hear music file

Rejoice in the Lamb, Op. 30—Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
Rejoice in God, O ye Tongues (chorus) (4:20)
For I will consider my Cat, Jeoffrey (soprano solo) (2:35)
For the Mouse is a creature of great personal valour (alto solo) (1:12)
For the flowers are great blessings (tenor solo) (1:55)
For I am under the same accusation as my Saviour (chorus) (2:30)
For H is a spirit and therefore he is God (bass recitative & chorus) (4:17)
Halleluiah from the heart of God (chorus) (1:27)

21 Greater love hath no man—John Ireland (1879-1962) (6:27)

22 Marianne—Folksong, arr. Philip Wilby (b. 1949) (3:48) Click to hear music file




4 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

wow!!!

Megan said...

How cool is this?!? Your CD, the try-outs, your blog... It's like Christmas! :)

We sure miss you guys around here. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to see you caved and started a blog. When you are you guys coming out here again? We will be in Provo the first week of Dec. Plan something fun for us all to do together okay???? :o)

Unknown said...

Kelly, We miss you guys but in a round about way hear that you are doing well. I love your blog!! You are so talented, I am excited for you. Please come visit. Maybe before Andrew turns 1 I'll gain the courage to travel to the North and we will come see your new home...which is beautiful and I know you are excited. So glad to hear from you!! Love your pals,
Bryan and Rachel Garner fam