Amazingly, 2009 is over. I'm not quite sure where it went actually, but it's gone for good. I haven't blogged since February of 2009. That is both pathetic and depressing because I haven't been journaling either. Life just sort of happened and I let it fall through the cracks. Then I was gone for a month to Europe, then upon my return was so overwhelmed with catching back up at work and church and with the idea of sorting through my pictures and posting something from the trip...I just didn't do it. But now with the start of a new year, I feel motivated to start anew. Perhaps I won't blog with quite the same regularity and fervor as I once did, but in the name of personal record keeping, with everyone who has surely given up my blog for dead as my witnesses, I shall begin again and keep it up throughout the year.
I do intend to post some pictures and maybe some video from my European adventure separately, but in the name of catching up, here is a brief recap of the rest of 2009:
*Kelly went to 7 Eastern European countries to tour and compete for a month with the University of Utah Singers (May-June)
*Layne applied, was accepted to, and started the executive MBA program at the U of U. He finds it very challenging but also fulfilling
*Had family vacation with the Flaherty's
*New niece Emma Abril was born
*Kelly survived H1N1
*Mom & dad Nelson visited us for Thanksgiving
*Kelly was laid off from her job with the U of U's Bioengineering Dept. at the end of October due to research grant funding running out for her project. She feels very blessed to have been offered a new job at the U of U hospital's Moran Eye Center, which she began the first Monday of the new year (I'm sure I'll post about the job later)
*Layne received a promotion at Select Comfort
*Met future sister-in-law Katy Hoover and are very excited about the April 9th wedding
*Bought a new car
*Sold my old car
*Visited AZ for Christmas
*Layne got another HUGE promotion to be a team manager at Select Comfort starting in April. We're so excited and I'm very proud.
And we're up to speed! We're looking forward to the excitement that 2010 will bring such as:
*New jobs for both of us
*A family wedding
*A trip to Israel in May (again with the U of U Singers)
...and who knows what else!
We hope all of you had a wonderful 2009 and that 2010 will bring health, wealth and happiness!
I'll be back...
Thursday, January 7, 2010
A New Year!
Posted by
Layne and Kelly Nelson
at
5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to see you back in the blogging world. It was fun to visit with you guys at Christmas. :o)
Yay! I though to myself as I clicked on your link "Why even check! It's been almost a year!" So glad that I did. I'm so excited that things are going well for you and Layne :) We should set a time to get together now that we are living up here again....I'd love to see ya and catch up. Welcome back :)
Your basketball picture brought a flood of memories of Mrs. Shultz and her Midwestern accent. Those were good times.
Oh Mrs. Shultz! "Uoose yur uoonit! Bax out!!" Good times indeed...
Cara you're back!?! When did this happen? Man I'm out of it. We definitely need to get together!
Kelly, oh busy Kelly! where are you? :)
Post a Comment