Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carol of Joy

The time has come for me to make my official blog pitch for the new U Singers Christmas CD that was released a few weeks ago and to implore all my friends and family to purchase one. I'll try to make it as painless as possible. :)

Christmas is far and away my favorite time of year, and one of my favorite parts about the season is the music. It doesn't matter if I'm listening, playing or singing it, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (especially the sacred music). My hope is that I can spread my love of Christmas music with my friends and family this year through something that represents a lot of hard work and also has given me a great deal of joy and personal fulfillment. There really is a little bit of everything on this disc and I echo the promise made on the sales poster in the hall

"...the music will warm your heart and fill your home with the spirit of the holiday."

Without further ado, I present: Carol of Joy. Below is the track listing with some clips for your listening pleasure. Just click the links to download and listen.

1. Here We Come A-Caroling
2. Ding Dong Merrily on High
3. Were You There on That Christmas Night?
4. Hallelu
5. El Rorro (The Babe)

6. Weihnachten
7. Sing We Now of Christmas
8. Room in the Inn
9. Baby, What You Goin' to Be?


10. The Virgin Mary Had a Baby Boy

11. Love Came Down at Christmas
12. Mary's Lullaby
13. What Sweeter Music Can We Bring?
14. (One of my favs) In Silent Night
15. Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
16. 'Round the Glory Manger
17. Go Tell It on the Mountain
18. Silent Night
19. Jingle Bells
20. Cowboy Carol
21. The Secret of Christmas
22. We Need a Little Christmas
23.(I'm not even ashamed to admit that I just might weep unabashedly when we sing this piece at the Christmas concert -- its that beautiful) Carol of Joy

It is a big year for the Singers as we will be embarking on a 4 week tour of Eastern Europe this May. Some of our destinations include Prague, Budapest, Salzburg, Munich, and various cities in Croatia, Northern Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovenia, Austria and Germany, culminating in our competing in the Marktoberdorf International Chamber competition in Bavaria. This is a big deal for the University, and for the United States to participate in. As you can imagine, with the current exchange rate and price of airline tickets, this is going to cost the school a great deal of money, and while most of my expenses will be paid, the sale of this CD will help me make the trip possible. $10 out of every CD I sell will go directly into my tour account.

The cost of the CD is $15. Here is an official order form for the sale of this and other CDs. If you'd like to purchase a CD you may print out and use the form and include my name, or just let me know in a comment or an email if you want one and I will pay the shipping cost to get it to you. I can take checks or cash by mail or paypal transfer, or if you live in AZ you can give money to wonderful mother. Feel free to buy as many as you want from now throughout the holiday season. :)

Thanks to everyone who has supported me in these endeavors throughout my life and my great thanks in advance to anyone who buys a copy of Carol of Joy. I promise you'll enjoy it!
:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kell, what happened to your last blog entry about your singers concert with pics and music and the site (which I didn't get to go to yet) about Dr. Allred's website? It's just gone....

laurice. said...

Very exciting...we will have to check it out.

ThePalmers said...

Sorry for the mass "commenting" everyone, but check out the HHS friends get together at

http://palmerparty.blogspot.com/2008/11/we-miss-old-friends.html

laurice. said...

Hey I am setting my blog private in the next few days and I need you e-mail so I can invite you. If you don't want to leave it on my blog then e-mail me @ Laurice415@gmail.com